In this module, you will learn how to move from visualization to using the innovation process, identifying challenges to your vision. Recognizing that there is not always one correct answer or process to address a challenge, you will learn key innovation skills to get started.
Activity – You will:
- Think critically about challenges that must be addressed.
- Break down your challenge into parts by deconstructing it.
- Reconstruct your challenge.
Product – You will create & develop:
- A list of potential challenges you can work on.
- Challenge building blocks.
- A reconstructed challenge that presents opportunity to innovate.
Outcome – You will learn how to:
- Identify challenges to your work that are opportunities for innovation.
- Zero-in on innovation skills in others that you can develop and harness.
- Recognize the five constructs of the Innovator’s DNA.
- Appreciate the importance of hands-on experience for long-term learning.
This workshop is part of Program Innovation, an online video workshop program on innovation for higher education professionals. This program can also be taken in person, individually, or through a license with your organization. Contact Darin@DarinEich.com for more information.
Program Innovation is a topic area where the workshops help people to innovate by doing it. Workshops are designed to facilitate groups and institutions through the idea development process by systematically tackling a challenge relevant to you. This is a relevant topic area for organizations and groups within institutions. It is designed to help people improve how they work and have a high-impact.
Click here to see all programs in the Program Innovation topic area.